Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Baby, it's cold outside

I live in Florida, and enjoy running outside 12 months a year. It's rare that I have to wear anything warmer than a tank top and running skirt to run in outside, it's just almost always warm in Florida.
Not here. I'm in the midwest this week, and it is COLD. Still 90 degrees at home, but in the 40's here in the morning. I am freezing here!
On the radio this morning as we left Chicago I heard the local disc jockey say that the weather forecast for Sunday morning, Oct. 11, the day of the Chicago marathon, was temperature in the 30's - AND snow flurries.
And I was considering running the Chicago marathon this year!
Instead, I am running NYC 3 weeks later!
What was I thinking? I'm a Florida girl, I run inside when the weather dips below high 50's.
Well, the only way I can look at it is, if it is cold in NYC on Nov. 1 (cold for me, anyway) I will just have to run as fast as I can to get the marathon over as quickly as possible.
Here's to a PR in NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment